The Johannstadt Culture Club is a meeting place for people of all different ages and backgrounds. The promotion of art and culture in Johannstadt is the group’s main objective. A variety of courses are on offer under their auspices, as are travel lectures, festivals for families and children, workshops and intimate concerts. The club additionally initiates and organizes new projects, and serves as a connection point for those looking to engage in volunteer activities, or just looking to be more active.
Aside from our own initiatives, several other groups offer courses and activities in association with the culture club. These include the Welcome to Johannstadt Association, the Dresden Community Educational Guidance Center and many other associations and groups.
Our contribution to Johannstadt:
- Café Halva (in cooperation with the Dresden Immigrant Services Office)
- Activities for Kids: dance, children’s chorus, ceramics, gardening (in cooperation with the UFER Project), summer vacation courses
- Creative Workshops: Short story writing, painting/sketching workshop, ceramics workshop, sewing and tailoring circles, creative textiles workshop
- Music: Johannstadt Women’s Chorus
- Sports: Gymnastics for Seniors, Tai Chi
- Games: Skat Club, Rummy Café
- Language study: English Club, German courses
- Intercultural knitting
- Special events: Travel lectures, exhibitions, theater events, concerts, parties
- Facilities available to rent for special events and socio-cultural purposes
Selected activities and events offered by groups associated with the Club:
- Handicrafts: Woodwork, knitting
- Mineralogy Group
- Music: Dresden Accordion Orchestra, guitar ensemble, music lessons
- Sports: Post-natal gymnastics, Hatha Yoga, Tai Chi
- Languages courses: Italian
- Dance courses: Irish Set Dance, Scottish Country Dancing
- Coffee Break: Art and Advanced Education Project for those with special needs
Where you can find us:
Elisenstraße 35, 01307 Dresden
(Handicapped accessible Ground Floor, Parking is available)
Hours of operation:
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Daniela Tonk, management
Lisa Metziger, public relations
Text: Johannstädter Kulturtreff e.V.